One of the biggest challenges that any small business faces is finding creative ways to attract new customers. Without the marketing clout of a Fortune 500 brand, it’s hard to get the word out about a product or service. Yet, with so much competition in the marketplace, a business can’t afford not to.
The most effective marketing campaigns include a combination of different media. The more places a potential customer sees a brand or message-from TV, radio, newspapers and online-the more likely they’ll remember it. However, small businesses tend to rely primarily on local print and Yellow Pages advertising because they believe TV advertising is out of their reach.
Now there are new companies using technology to make TV advertising easy and affordable. One such company is Spot Runner, a unique new ad agency that has dramatically lowered the cost and complexity to develop an ad campaign. By putting the entire process online, the agency can provide a complete TV ad campaign for as little as $500 a month.
Creating the campaign takes just a few days. Clients start by logging on to Spot Runner’s Web site and selecting an ad from a library of thousands of professionally produced ads. The agency personalizes the ad with the business’ specific information and then, using its proprietary technology, creates a customized media plan. Clients can advertise on any broadcast and cable channel available, such as CNN, ESPN and Lifetime. Once the client approves the ad and the media plan, the agency gets it on air.
“We’re a small boutique firm and TV advertising allows us to compete on an equal footing with the larger firms in town,” said Ryan Lapidus, founder of the Lapidus & Lapidus law firm. “To see our ad on TV, side by side with Fortune 500 companies on major channels, is really exciting.”
Spot Runner offers these five important tips to creating an effective marketing campaign:
1. Understand your audience and the messages that will resonate with them. A campaign geared towards homeowners is very different than one geared to teens.
2. Pick a campaign to fit your objectives. A campaign to raise brand awareness will require a different strategy than one to promote a new product or sale.
3. Choose an ad that reflects your company’s brand values and image.
4. Make it easy to understand. People are thinking of other things when they see your ad. Don’t make them think. Make them act.
5. Invest in your company’s growth through a sustained marketing campaign. Advertising works over the long term by increasing awareness of your company among new customers and serving as a reminder to your existing customers.
Whether you’re a professional, a retailer or a service provider, television advertising can fit into your budget and be an essential part of your marketing activities.
Republished by Why Online Marketingtags: Customer, Customer Service, Marketing, Why Online Marketing